Join #TeamSCCTas and together, we can enable people to live their life well.
The relationships you will develop with the people we care for will inspire your best work. You will receive the satisfaction of knowing that your efforts really do make a difference. If you are 100% committed to providing top quality support in care, in whatever form that takes, then we are keen to meet you.
You will have the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of older people both across Tasmania and within your local community.
As a member of our team you will enjoy:
- Hours that may suit you by working in a shift work environment
- Various career options, education and training opportunities
- A friendly and supportive work environment
- Salary Packaging up to $18,550 per year, which allows you to reduce the amount of tax you pay. Click here to watch a video on how salary packaging works. To calculate the salary equivalent using salary packaging check out the salary packaging calculator from Access Pay.
- Additional salary packaging options including rent, mortgage interest, rental utilities, holiday transport and property purchase for employees living and working in a remote areas.
- 20 days personal leave, and paid parental leave
|LINK TO ADVERTISEMENT||POSITION DESCRIPTION|
|IT Helpdesk Officer||PD IT Helpdesk Officer|
|Community Support Worker – Launceston||PD Community Support Worker|
|Registered Nurse – Glenara||PD Registered Nurse|
|Clinical Team Leader||PD Clinical Team Leader|
Expressions of Interest
Please feel free to send us your resume for general expressions of interest for roles at Southern Cross Care Tasmania. We may not have the right position available for you right now, but that could change and we are happy to keep your application on file for when future opportunities arise.
Just send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch!
Special requirements for employees and volunteers
Please note that it is a requirement of the Aged Care Act that all employees have a current National Police Certificate. There are some serious offences that, if you have been convicted for one of these it may preclude you from employment or volunteering. All employees and volunteers also require a Tasmanian Working With Vulnerable Person’s Registration with NDIS Endorsement.
You will not be able to commence employment or volunteering until a suitable National Police Certificate is received. Southern Cross Care is happy to provide assistance in obtaining a National Police Certificate for our volunteers.
It is also a requirement that all employees and volunteers supply proof of their up to date Covid vaccination certificate and current flu vaccination prior to commencing with Southern Cross Care.
Aged Care Workers who are providing direct care to clients are also required to have a Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing).
Southern Cross Care (Tasmania) Inc. Staff Enterprise Agreement
A copy of the Southern Cross Care (Tasmania) Inc Staff Enterprise Agreement 2021 can be found here.