Careers and Volunteering
Southern Cross Care is always looking for people who have a passion for assisting older people to feel right at home and live well and who are committed to delivering the highest possible level of service with empathy and compassion. If you have these attributes then you may want to join our team.
As a member of our team you will enjoy:
- Family friendly and flexible hours
- Career pathways and education and training opportunities
- A friendly and supportive work environment
- Competitive salaries and benefits
- Salary packaging
Registered Nurse – Case Manager Home Care
As the Registered Nurse Case Manager for Southern Cross Care (Tas) Inc Home Care, you will hold responsibility for identification, general assessment and management of Home Care Packages and delivery of Care to our Consumers.
Utilising your excellent communication and management skills, you will conduct in-home consumer assessments ensure care, lifestyle & budget needs are met, working within package and organisational guidelines and ensuring compliance indicators are met. You will play a key role with the support and growth of the service across the Southern Region of Tasmania. This will include networking & building relationships within the community, whilst maintaining a high level of service to our existing consumers.
The responsibilities of the role will include
- Committed to the delivering of quality services and care with a focus on Wellness and Reablement to consumers living in their own homes.
- Able to work autonomously and be part of the dedicated and skilled Home Care Team.
- Energetic and enthusiastic about working with a team who do a fantastic job delivering care and support to Home Care consumers.
- Confident and skilled communication.
- Experience and passion for case management and making a difference to older Australian’s in our care.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Skills in support planning, goal setting, managing individual budgets and coordinating care and services.
- Previous experience in working with Home Care Packages or a strong understanding of Home Care is desirable.
- The ability to network, liaise with other service providers and agencies, make referrals to health services and community groups.
- AHPRA Registration as a Registered Nurse .
As a progressive & growing Home Care provider, you will work autonomously within a set geographical region and have ongoing support from the Home Care Team Leader.
For further information please contract Annie Corey or Janice Parker on 614 61850.
We currently have positions available at our Northern Region Aged Care Facilities.
Registered Nurse – 03.07.2019
Full time, permanent part-time and casual opportunities for Registered Nurses at our Glenara Lakes Residential Aged Care Facility.
The base hourly rate for this position (not including shift penalties) ranges from $31.80 – $38.80 depending on experience.
Enrolled Nurse 02.10.2019
We have a number of permanent part-time and casual vacancies for Enrolled Nurses at our Glenara Lakes Residential Aged Care Facility.
The base hourly rate for this position (not including shift penalties) ranges from $29.15 – $29.68 depending on experience.
Volunteering is a great way to make a difference in the lives of others and to meet new people and make new friends. Southern Cross Care has a strong contingent of volunteers and we always welcome more.
Any amount of time you can give is welcomed and of value in enhancing the wellbeing of our residents and clients.
A wide variety of skills are needed including driving, arts and crafts, music, gardening, assisting with activities and many more.
For more information about becoming a volunteer contact us or call 1300 761 198.
Special requirements for employees and Volunteers
Please note that it is a requirement of the Aged Care Act that all employees have a National Police Certificate that is no more than three years old. There are some serious offences that, if you have been convicted for one of these it may preclude you from employment or volunteering.
You will not be able to commence employment or volunteering until a suitable National Police Certificate is received. Southern Cross Care is happy to provide assistance in obtaining a National Police Certificate for our volunteers.